Upcoming events: Arena Montreal, Doubles Tournament

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

undead army

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sina-Fay

PostSubject: undead army   Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi again,

I think I've posted this thread in the wrong place, so I will post it again here.

Cause I need a painted army, I will bring my old TOmb King. My friend is playing Vampire Count and we were wondering, could we heal each other unit. We both got spells that affet undead, so can we heal each other or make each other advance of fight better?
THanks

Sina-Fay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver

PostSubject: Re: undead army   Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Generally, and afaik (one of the organizers will have to confirm) your spells only affect your units or enemy units - not allied units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric

PostSubject: Re: undead army   Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 am

I'm going to disagree with Silver. From the Arena rules:

"Magic Effects: Beneficial spells may be cast on your friendly contingents. Special
Racial effects or Race Spell Effects (Cauldron of Blood, Screaming Bell, etc…)
affect both friendly and enemy models that are applicable. The list of 'Beneficial
Spells' is available in the FAQ. "

I'm not too sure what FAQ that is, but I'd say that if the tomb kings magic says it can be case on an undead unit, then casting on a vampire counts should be fine.

Reading the spell descriptions, I'm a bit concerned with the language of "target one of your own undead units." That said, if you contrast Invocation of nehek ("of of your own") with Summon undead horde "across any number of friendly units" it would be strange that Summon allows you to affect an allied contingent wherease invocation does not.... As such, I'm tempted to say the "target one of your own" limits it to not targeting one of your opponent's undead units. If not, then for VC, summon undead horded and vanhel's can target any friendly unit

If you can cast TK magic on vampire counts forces that can lead to a fair amount of nasty combos (for example being able to cast urgency and vanhels or rightous smiting after vanhels. or being able to use a vmapire with lord of the dead to increase a unit of TK skeleton warriors beyond their starting size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angela

PostSubject: Re: undead army   Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Remember Tomb Kings and Undead are two different types of Armies and raise dead etc. very differently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undead army   

Back to top Go down

undead army
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1