Upcoming events: Arena Montreal, Doubles Tournament

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Painted army and non painted army

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sina-Fay

PostSubject: Painted army and non painted army   Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm thinking about coming to Arena this year. I was wondering could I come even if my army isn't fully painted?

Sina-Fay the druchii
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Painted army and non painted army   Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:05 pm

The Arena 40k rules say that the army must be painted to the standard tournament minimum (everything primed and painted with at least 3 colours). There is nothing in the fantasy section on minimum painting.

Hopefully an organizer will give an actual response, but generally one can play with a non-fully painted army as long as what the units are is more or less evident (so units should be assembled into what they're supposed to be... players tend to object when they find out that a unit is actually armed with great weapons when it looks like it has only hand weapons/shield).

You obviously won't get good marks for the presentation score of the tournament, but will still be able to have fun.

You know it's a doubles tournament, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sina-Fay

PostSubject: Re: Painted army and non painted army   Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi,

Yeah I play dark elves, so it's about Fantasy.

Thanks for the reply. I know it's double tournament. My partner have a 3/4 painted army, but I just bought my army last week, so I won't be able to paint it fully for the tournamenent.

Of course the army must be assembled and look at least like a army, I have no problem with that.

Thanks
Sina-Fay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angela

PostSubject: Re: Painted army and non painted army   Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Hello,

Your army should be fully painted, it is part of Arena's rules. Our players pay $60.00 in order to play against nicely painted armies.

If your army is not ready for this Arena - I suggest planning to attend the next one.

thanks,
Angela
Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painted army and non painted army   

Back to top Go down

Painted army and non painted army
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1