Upcoming events: Arena Montreal, Doubles Tournament

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Spell Effects & Allies.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver

PostSubject: Spell Effects & Allies.   Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Sorry for throwing questions so early on the forums, but I've got an important question regarding Team Games...

Everything that affects friendly units, such as...
- Cauldron of Blood, Chaos Warshrine, Anvil of Doom, Any spell effect (Waaagh!, Call of the hunt, etc) and items that affect friendly units (Chaos 'Stubborn within 12' among other things)

Will they be restricted to affect the Player's units and not his ally's units? (I'm hoping the answer is Yes, otherwise there could be some awful nasty combinations! ;P )

Also another question while we're at it, by the rules we have 1 pool of dice (Base power and dispel dice) - so am I right to assume that for 2 players, there will be a single pool of 2 dice for the army's Power and Dispel dice? And will Dwarfs still have their 4 Dispel dice in their base pool? (Mighty Empires booklet makes the Team with a Dwarf player have 3 Dispel dice in their base pool).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crawd

PostSubject: Re: Spell Effects & Allies.   Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 am

Speaking of allies, I would like to know what will be the alliance possibilities. What I mean is, will it be possible to see an High Elf army allied with a Dark Elf army or this will be rejected.

I know this are early questions but I'm looking forward this tournament.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spell Effects & Allies.   Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Question #1: Silver
a)††††† Youíre correct. Spells, abilities and other special rules only affect the specific playerís models UNLESS both armies in the team are from the same army book. This is especially true of rules with statements like Ďany friendly Lizardmen units within 12 inchesí or similar.
b)††††† Each player generates itís own dice to be used by itís own wizards in the magic phase. The only exception are the dice generated by the armyís size which can be used by any player, though who will use how many of those dice must be decided at the beginning of the magic phase and cannot be switched during that magic phase. Army special effects are to be divided by two, rounded up. So in the case of a team with one Dwarf player, they would receive 3 dispel dice while a team with two Dwarf players would receive 4 dispel dice.

Question #2: Crawd
††††††††††† Any army combination is accepted. It is highly encouraged for your composition and theme score that there be a good explanation why the Elves of Ulthuan would stoop so low as to team up with the Elves of Naggaroth but Iím sure creative players will come up with interesting solutions and ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arena-montreal.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell Effects & Allies.   

Back to top Go down

Spell Effects & Allies.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1